The outcomes to be achieved by the Project are as follows –
- To improve accessibility to the capital city Dhaka with central and south western regions of the country through Padma Bridge covering new areas of Munshiganj, Shariatpur, Madaripur and Narail districts.
- To establish an alternate railway connectivity between Dhaka-Jessore-Khulna with 212.05 km shorter route and improved operational facilities.
- To establish another sub-route of Trans-Asian Railway Network in Bangladesh.
- To introduce national, regional and International Freight and BG container train service as this route will be free from speed and load restriction for carrying containers.
- To provide a higher quality of service and better amenities to passengers.
- To create opportunity to construct 2nd line in this route and connect Barisal & Payra Deep Sea Port in future.
- To contribute in the socio-economic development in that region and thus minimize regional disparity.
- To contribute GDP growth of approximate 1%.