The project aims at constructing new railway track (approz.169 Km) from Capital City Dhaka to Jashore via Padma Multipurpose Bridge to establish new Broad Gauge (BG) railway connectivity through south-west part of the country. Total Track length is 215.22 Km including loops and sidings and double lines.
The targets of the Projects are –
- Construction of new Broad Gauge (169+3) =172 Km route main line and 43.22 km loop & siding line. Total track is 215.22 km including loops & siding
- Construction of 23.377km viaducts, 66 major bridges, 244 minor bridges/ culverts/ underpass, 1 road overpass (at Mawa approach) and 29 Level Crossings.
- Construction of 14 new station Buildings and remodeling of 6 exiting station buildings along with Platforms, Platforms Shed, approach roads, functional and residential building for O&M personnel and other allied works.
- Installing Computer Based Relay interlocked signaling System along with Telecommunication System of 20(Twenty) stations.
- Supply of 100 BG Passenger Coaches.
- Supervision Consultancy Services.
- Acquisition of 1796 Acres private land and implement of RP & EMP.