Bangladesh Army core of Engineers has been entrusted to supervise the construction activities of the project. Accordingly, a contract was signed on 01 January 2017 with Bangladesh Army for CSC activities.
The scope of the contract includes:
- Assist Bangladesh Railway in acquisition of 1700 Acres private land, handover from DC offices, installation of boundary pillars etc.
- Provide resettlement plan implementation services
- Keep liaison and coordinate with various utility service providing agencies to assist BR in relocation of all utility services in the RoW
- Coordinate with Bangladesh Bridge Authority, Roads and Highways department, Dhaka WASA, RAJUK, DTCA to identify Interfacing issues and undertake an integrated Construction schedule
- Review Bridge Deck Arrangements in Padma Multipurpose Bridge for installing railway track over the bridge
- Environment Protection and Monitoring Plan preparation, implementation and submission of compliance reports
- Review of Investigation, Survey, Detailed Working Design, drawings and design calculations for construction works
- Provide technical support associated with approval of contractor submissions, proposal for design modifications as well as for overall testing and inspection of the works within due time limit
- Review of detailed methodology, quality assurance plan, detailed work schedule, environmental management plan, safety assurance plan etc.
- Supervision of all Construction Works
- Supervision of all Construction Works ensuring safety of train operation following the Codes, Rules, Regulations and manuals of BR specially in existing railway lines
- Consultant shall monitor and ensure construction work is done following detailed work schedule
- Preparation of Progress Report(s)
- Provide Contractual legal advice, technical advice and assist Project director.
- Review of IPC
- Installation of Archive and museum of construction work of the project
- Formation of Expert Panel